I finally have the quilt top done for my latest little quilt. I started these blocks a few years ago and they were my first attempt at a Denyse Schmidt style improv log cabin. I was very happy with some of them, okay with others, and down right unhappy with others. I was frustrated by how to combine them and what colors I needed to tie them all together. So into a plastic bag they went and I would pull them out about every 6 months and look at them. I would lay them out, continue to be frustrated and put them back again. But this time I knew what to do. I don’t know why I didn’t see if before! LOL. I think that I was so overwhelmed with doing a improv quilt that I got confused by them. But I have more experience now and they didn’t intimidate me anymore. So without further ado here’s the quilt top!
A little closer view
A detail of the top
I went to take the quilt down and saw this gorgeous view from the back with the sun shining through…
I have the backing and binding all picked out. I just need to figure out how to quilt this baby. Any suggestions?
I’ve also been working on my first set of blocks for the Ravishing in Red Bee. She wanted a large block that was like a mini quilt and a smaller wonky star block. I opted to create a zig zag block. I really want to make a zig zag quilt, so this was good practice for one method…and I’m not sure I’d use it! LOL Lots of little piecing.
Don’t worry, I’m still working on the paint box quilt, I just go distracted by this little yellow quilt. And I’m about to send out packages for the Busy Bees group. Sneak peaks of that soon!
I’ll leave with some delightful fabrics that I received in the mail last week…Rainy Days and Mondays and some gorgeous Robert Kaufman prints that I’ve been eyeing for a long time!